Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mother Lily vs. Angel


Utang na loob is something that most young stars today don’t have and, frankly speaking, it’s one trait that, specifically, Angel Locsin should learn from senior stars like Sharon Cuneta who stays long and strong in the showbiz (rat)-race because she knows how to look back and acknowledge the value of gratitude.

That’s Regal Matriarch Mother Lily Monteverde’s simple message to today’s young stars (again, specifically Angel Locsin): Have a sense of gratitude.

“Sharon became a Megastar not only because she is a talented singer-actress, but because she is loyal and knows how to honor a commitment, marunong tumanaw ng utang na loob,” Mother Lily asserts.

Sharon is the prized talent of Viva Films, Regal’s arch rival in the 1980s, but Mother Lily continued to nurture the dream of working with Mega someday. “I had a long-standing offer for her to do a movie with Regal.”

Now, the timing is just right for Mega and Mother Lily to work together in Mano Po 6: My Love, Regal’s entry in this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival. Sharon even agreed to appear as “guest” in another Regal movie, Oh, My Girl! (OMG) which stars Judy Ann Santos and Ogie Alcasid.

Now, who would play Sharon’s daughter in Mano Po? Could it be Angel Locsin or Kim Chiu?

“If you ask me, Sharon can carry a movie on her own,” Mother Lily said, “and she doesn’t need support from today’s crop of stars.”

The truth is that Mother Lily felt slighted when Angel reportedly declined an offer to co-star in Mano Po 6, citing her “exclusive” contract with Star Cinema.

“Angel was one of my babies once,” Mother said. “As her mother, I got hurt because she had a commitment with me to do three more movies. But still I let go of this issue because I want her to grow. I also didn’t want to rock the boat because of my friendship with ABS-CBN bosses Genny and Gabby Lopez, Freddie Garcia, Charo Santos and Cory Vidanes. Malalim ang aming pinagsamahan.”

Mother Lily has a legal right to “force” Angel to fulfill her commitment to Regal but she’s not suing and just waiting for divine justice to be rendered.

No hard feelings towards the ABS-CBN/Star Cinema people either, Mother Lily said.
That’s one thing she has with Sharon: Marunong makisama.

Source

No comments:

If you like this site, please buy me a meal.